What is it?
Relationship abuse is an incident or a pattern of incidents where controlling, coercive, violent or threatening behaviours are used towards an intimate partner or family member. Relationship abuse does not always include violence, it can also be emotional, psychological, financial or sexual and can include threats, isolation, humiliation and intimidation.
What can Alert Training UK do?
• We report concerns to the relevant agencies where we feel staff or learners are at risk of abuse
• We take action when someone is being abused
• We are approachable and provide support and reassurance for victims of relationship abuse
• We will help to develop the self-confidence and self-esteem of all staff and learners
• We provide advice and information of national organisations that can help
• We review our learners’ welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner visits
What should you do?
• I will be aware of my own behavior and how that might affect others
• I will talk to somebody if I feel that someone else is a victim of relationship abuse
• I will support others that have been affected by relationship abuse
• I will talk to someone if I feel I am a victim of relationship abuse
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact Alert Training UK.
During office hours: 01722332212
Outside of office hours: 07967000048
Other useful resources
Refuge & Women’s Aid
The National Domestic Violence helpline, a 24-hour confidential domestic abuse service run by Refuge and Women’s Aid.
Men’s Advice Line
Anyone can suffer domestic violence, and the Men’s Advice Line supports male domestic abuse.
Provides support for victims and advice for agencies. Halo work with our partner organisations, public bodies and other services to enable the best possible protection and safety from harm for victims of any age or gender. Our first priority is to keep you safe from perpetrators of honour based violence, forced marriage and FGM. We also have experience in helping people who are victims of trafficking, sham marriages and domestic violence
Telephone: 08081788424 (Freephone)
Text SMS: 020 3322 1860
Text WhatsApp: 07491816064
A huge resource for the under 25’s, covering everything from bereavement, exam stress, emotional abuse, mental health to homelessness. A confidential service with a 24-hour helpline.