Child Sexual Exploitation
Exploitation / Child Sexual Exploitation
What is it?
Exploitation is when someone uses power and intimidation over an individual or group in order to gain something unfairly, such as money, labour or sexual gratification. Everyone is vulnerable to being exploited in some way, especially by those in a position of importance or trust.
Child sexual exploitation is a form of sexual abuse where children are sexually exploited for money, power or status. It can involve violent, humiliating and degrading sexual assaults. In some cases, young people are persuaded or forced into exchanging sexual activity for money, drugs, gifts, affection or status.
What can Alert Training UK do?
• We take all instances of exploitation extremely seriously and involve the police and other agencies where necessary
• We have a team who you can contact if you are a victim of exploitation
• We take action if you have been a victim of exploitation or fear someone may be exploiting you
• We review our learners’ welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner visits
• We provide advice and information, including details of national organisations that can help
What should you do?
• I will talk to someone if I feel that I am a victim of exploitation
• I will talk to someone if I think someone else is a victim of exploitation
• I know that I can report my concerns to the Alert Training UK team
• I will avoid putting myself in risky or dangerous situations, particularly with people I do not know
• I will use the internet/social media safely and not post anything that could be used to exploit me
• I am aware that some people on the internet/social media are not who they say they are
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact Alert Training UK.
During office hours: 01722332212
Outside of office hours: 07967000048
Other useful resources
Stop it Now
Stop it Now! is at the forefront of activity to prevent child sexual abuse. Their Website promotes campaigns to raise awareness of the issue and offers confidential advice and support to individuals of all ages.
A huge resource for the under 25’s, covering everything from bereavement, exam stress, emotional abuse, mental health to homelessness. A confidential service with a 24-hour helpline.