Highfield Qualifications Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This qualification covers knowledge and skills such as:
• The role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider
• Providing first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
• How to administer first aid to an infant or child with head injuries
• How to administer first aid to a child with spinal injuries
• Dealing with choking
• Dealing with an infant or child who is suffering from anaphylaxis
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and written/oral questioning.