CIEH Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace
This qualification is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. It is acceptable in any private or public sector environment.
Benefits of undertaking the course include:
- Provides employees or potential employees with an understanding of the principles of health and safety.
- Enables employees to contribute to any health and safety management system.
Develops understanding of:
- Responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Hazard, risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- The importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- How individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Allows for training to be adapted to meet specific needs.
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Transport and vehicles
- Noise and vibration
- Risk assessment
- The workplace and workplace equipment
Learning outcomes on completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of accident prevention.
- Understand that risk assessment is an important technique for accident and ill health prevention.
- Understand the risks associated with manual handling.
- Appreciate the nature and risks of hazardous substances.
- Understand how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
- Understand the potential long and short term effects of exposure to noise and vibration.
On successful completion of the course and examination, candidates will receive a CIEH Certificate.