CIEH Certificate in Stress Awareness
This course seeks to advise and guide those interested in protecting themselves and their workforce from the damaging effects of stress.
The course is appropriate for all employees, especially those:
- dealing with the public
- working to targets or deadlines
- providing services
- supervising or managing
- Definitions of stress.
- Stress as an occupational health hazard
- Identification of basic workplace stressors
- Development of basic controls for work related stressors
- Responsibilities imposed under UK legislation
On completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- Identify likely sources of work related stress.
- Identify the range of symptoms and effects stress can cause.
- Identify the options available for preventing and controlling stress
Successful completion will prepare employers, employees or potential employees to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of strategies to combat work related stress, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
On successful completion of the course and examination, candidates will receive a CIEH Certificate.