C&G Level 3 NVQ Diploma In Hairdressing
Level 3 is ideal if you’ve worked in hairdressing or barbering for some time and want to develop your skills in a specialised area. You might want a broad qualification or to learn a particular technique.
To achieve the full qualification candidates must attain a minimum of 58 credits to achieve the Level 3 in Hairdressing.
All mandatory units must be achieved which is 21 credits and a minimum of 37 credits from the optional units.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
A minimum of 37 credits are required from the optional units, only 1 optional unit may be chosen from optional group 2. All optional units may be chosen from optional group 1.
Optional Group 1
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Provide creative hair extension services
The following two units must be taken together:
- Provide specialist consultation services for hair and scalp conditions
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
Optional Group 2
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Support client service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities