CIEH L3 Award in Supervising Food Safety
Managers and supervisors in small, medium and large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in a food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital that they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
- Introduction to supervising food safety
- Applying & monitoring good hygiene practice
- Workplace & equipment design
- Pest control
- Contribution to staff training
- Food safety management tools
- Temperature control
- Waste disposal, cleaning & disinfection
- Personal hygiene of staff
- Implementation of food safety management procedures
recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety, taken within the last 3 years.