CIEH L2 Award in Food Safety
Anyone who is working or planning to work in a catering or hospitality setting where food is prepared cooked and served. It may be a full time occupation, part time job behind a bar or it may be that you need to serve food as part of your duties as a nurse or care worker. All food handlers must be qualified.
Benefits of undertaking the course include
- Enables employees or potential employees to take personal responsibility for following food safety procedures.
- Keep themselves clean and hygienic
- Receive and store food properly.
- Prepare cook and serve food properly.
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Food Handling
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
On completing this qualification, candidates who handle food will gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, procedures and techniques involved. They will have the confidence and expertise to deliver quality food safely to customers. Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every 3 years.
On successful completion of the course and examination, candidates will receive a CIEH Certificate.