Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid. It is intended for learners such as parents and relatives, pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers, childminders and nannies, au pairs and foster parents, or those responsible for caring for infants and children who are not required to have an Ofsted/EYFS qualification, but want to learn about emergency paediatric first aid.
WHY IS THIS TRAINING IMPORTANT?
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to become a paediatric first aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. Topics within this course are regarded by the Early Years Foundation Stage as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health of infants and children who are under the care of trained personnel. This qualification meets the requirements for Paediatric First Aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014.
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL COURSES
Level 2 Health and Safety, Safeguarding Children
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid