CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is suitable for lower-risk work environments & organisations with fewer than 100 employees. Successfully completing an EFAW course will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The legal requirements for first-aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First-aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help.
The EFAW training and assessment will cover the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment and management of first-aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
- Treatment of minor injuries
practical assessment plus an examination consisting of multiple-choice questions.
On successful completion of the course and examination, candidates will receive a CIEH Certificate.