Information Communication Technology at Level 2
City & Guilds
Functional Skills in Information Communication Technology at Level 2
Who is this qualification for?
Level 2 will suit anyone wishing to develop their ICT skills. You can get ahead in work, education or daily life by building your ICT skills with the Functional Skills qualifications. This qualification will suit you if you have some knowledge and basic skills and are ready to handle more complex problems, involving familiar and unfamiliar contexts. You’d like to learn how to express, understand or apply more advanced concepts or ideas.
The duration of this course is from 12 weeks, consisting of one x 2-hour session per week. It should be noted that you will be expected to complete some work in between sessions, at home, as well.
This qualification covers skills that include:
• Planning solutions to complex tasks by analysing the necessary stages
• Selecting, interacting with and using ICT systems safely and securely for a complex task in non-routine and unfamiliar contexts
• Managing information storage to enable efficient retrieval
• Using appropriate search techniques to locate and select relevant information
• Selecting information from a variety of sources to meet requirements of a complex task
• Entering, developing and refining information using appropriate software to meet requirements of a complex task
• Using appropriate software to meet requirements of a complex data handling task
• Using communications software to meet requirements of a complex task
• Combining and presenting information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience
• Evaluating own use of ICT tools
This qualification is assessed by an externally set and marked on-line test.
£120* based on a minimum 5 students per class
Funding may be available