Maths at Level 2
City & Guilds
Functional Skills in maths at Level 2
Who is this qualification for?
Level 2 will suit you if you have some knowledge and basic skills and are ready to handle more complex problems, involving familiar and unfamiliar contexts. You’d like to learn how to express, understand or apply more advanced concepts or ideas.
The duration of this course is from 12 weeks, consisting of one x 2-hour session per week. It should be noted that you will be expected to complete some work in between sessions, at home, as well.
This qualification covers skills that include:
• Understanding routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
• Identifying the situation or problems and identifying the mathematical methods needed to solve them
• Choosing from a range of mathematics to find solutions
• Applying a range of mathematics to find solutions
• Using appropriate checking procedures and evaluating their effectiveness at each stage
• Interpreting and communicating solutions to multistage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
• Drawing conclusions and providing mathematical justifications
This qualification is assessed by an externally set and marked paper-based or on-line test.
£120* based on a minimum 5 students per class
Funding may be available